How Much Is Wikipedia Worth?

It's hard to put an exact figure on the value of wikipedia. Researchers have tried different ways to figure it out but the numbers are all over the place. If we compare its monthly visitors to those of sites like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn we get a ballpark valuation in the $30 billion. But if we put it under the lens as a medical research tool, the estimates are over $1 trillion. So, which is it? As an avid user myself, having the accumulation of knowledge a click away is so unique to our human experience that I can't really put a financial estimate on it - which is what makes Wikipedia so beautiful - it has never been and will never be quantifiable in dollars and cents. But if I had to, I think Wikipedia surpasses the value of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn combined so the trillion dollar estimate sounds right to me.
Read the full article: http://infojustice.org/wp-content/upl...