2012, Hidden Energies and the Power of the Season

I'm writing this on the Wednesday before the December 21, 2012 event. It has been disgracefully debased by all of the fake end-of-the-world hysteria spread by hucksters and nincompoops, but the real message of the event is still well worth contemplating. For my own part, I am going to spend a quietly meditative day reflecting on the power and mystery of the spiritual journey. It's not that I believe that a mysterious galactic alignment will somehow enhance my energy; I don't. But I know from nearly half a century of regular mediation that higher energies are real and vividly conscious, and are more than willing to engage with us. While this is always true, the intensity and depth of the experience increases when groups work together. Whether or not they are in the same physical place does not matter at all.

In addition, the way these energies affect both body and soul changes with the seasons. For an example of a seasonal meditation, visit our Meditation Group. The current meditation (December 20 and 27, 2012) is designed to connect the meditator with the same special seasonal energy that has inspired human celebration during the winter solstice since time immemorial, and is also part of the lovely spirit of Christmas.

On December 21, many people who are on spiritual journeys will be engaging in whatever ritual seems important to them, in order to let the energy of the moment enter them and become part of them. That it is also the winter solstice makes it all the more meaningful.

I can recall doing precisely the same thing during the Harmonic Convergence in 1987. This was a worldwide synchronized meditation organized by Jose Arguelles, intended to open us to higher energies during a grand planetary alignment. Anne and I went to a small gathering, and then I spent the rest of the time in meditation, simply opening my inner doors. As happened to so many, the event proved to be seminal in my life. On that day, I discovered second-body sensation, which has never since left me, and has become the foundation of my meditational journey and, I believe, my consciousness.
Read Full Article>>>