Former spy Mark Kennedy sues police for 'failing to stop him falling in love'

Former spy Mark Kennedy sues police for 'failing to stop him falling in love'

A former spy is suing the Metropolitan police for failing to "protect" him from falling in love with one of the environmental activists whose movement he infiltrated.

Mark Kennedy, who was known as Mark Stone until the activists discovered his identity in late 2010, filed a writ last month claiming damages of between £50,000 and £100,000 for personal injury and consequential loss and damage due to police "negligence".

"I worked undercover for eight years," he told the Mail on Sunday. "My superiors knew who I was sleeping with but chose to turn a blind eye because I was getting such valuable information They did nothing to prevent me falling in love."
Read Full Article>>>